Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Useless Knowledge and the Kidney

There is a web site on my iGoogle Web Page that I link to called Useless Knowledge. Every time I refresh my page it gives my a snippet of information that many might consider to be useless.


Why do I link to it? 
"Because all knowledge is good!"  I tell myself.  "Even if it is from a place in cyberspace called Useless Knowledge".  And today this theory paid off with the following revelation:


"The kidney consists of over 1 million little tubes, and the total length of the tubes in both kidneys runs to about 40 miles."


Imagine that there are two small places in our bodied that house 4O miles of plumbing. Now its stuff like that makes me stand in awe of what a big a complicated universe we live in is and how precarious existence can be. Consider it one small blockage and you looking for a Surgeon with the attitude of a plumber who doesn't charge as much.

Just another Useless fact
Anyway time to refresh my page for the next useless fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment