Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Last Day of Holidays

Well the day I did not want to face two weeks ago has come all too soon. Yes today is the last day of my Christmas Holidays! Oh well it had to happen and one needs to be philosophical..

Hope I can manage to get up in time for the train. The last few days I really have been on holiday time.

With the passing of the years it seems like the good times fly by faster than they ever did. However I am lifted a bit by the line from my "Senior Wit & Wisdom" calendar (which a thoughtful person gave to me for Christmas - can always uses a new source of one-liners). Todays jewel was: "One consolation of ageing is realizing that while you have been growing old you friends haven't been standing still in that matter either."
True! ... but then if we all get old at once you probably don't want to be the one who lives longest as it could get pretty lonely even with Social Media.

Any way enough windswept philosophic brooding for one day and back to the real tasks that only a true grumpy old man can handle, namely: bitching about having to go back to work,

This Cartoon explains pretty much why I prefer holidays to work.
Although its pretty life relevant too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment